The University of Washington Libraries are interactive, interdisciplinary spaces for scholarship where technology and information come together. UW Librarians work with students and faculty to equip students with the skills and resources needed to be successful researchers, scholars and informed citizens in an information-rich world.
The Honors Librarian partnership introduces Honors students to the University of Washington Libraries. As a service to all of our current students, Librarians from throughout the Libraries system serve as a connection to the University Libraries and as resources for your research needs.
Honors Librarians span all different subject areas and interests. Find out more about them by browsing their profiles below, where you’ll also find their contact information. Any librarian can help you get started on a research project and many of them are subject specialists, a librarian with expertise in a specific academic discipline, who can help you with research in your major.
How can librarians help you?
- We support your research through one-on-one consultations, 24/7 online chat, at reference desks at all libraries and even offer library research awards -- just ask us!
- We create short video tutorials to help students effectively use and understand complex research tools
- We have subject expertise and serve as liaisons to majors and departments across campus
- We buy books, films and electronic journals for the University
- We teach research skills and resource workshops, and much more!
- You will receive a quarterly email communication from Honors Librarians, specifically targeted to the needs and interests of Honors students.
- Ask us: Contact a Librarian for general questions, for help finding information for your research assignments and projects, and as a resource when you don't know where to start.
- We are available to consult with you one-on-one or in groups.
- There are over a dozen libraries on campus, with a combination of quiet and group study spaces for students of all interests. Libraries include the Foster Business Library, the East Asia Library, the Health Sciences Library, the Drama Library, Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Suzzallo-Allen Libraries, and more!