Thank you for considering being a supervisor for an Honors student's Experiential Learning activity. Our commitment to experiential learning is not possible without your commitment to our students. We greatly appreciate your time and energy, and recognize the effort you will contribute to this activity and to the student.
For more information about Experiential Learning in Honors, visit our Experiential Learning page.
By agreeing to oversee an Experiential Learning activity, the supervisor agrees to:
- Provide a good learning and working environment for the student
- Communicate regularly with the student
- Work directly with the student and make explicit arrangements concerning expectations and goals for the activity
- Submit a simple online approval of the student's application at the beginning of the activity
- Complete a simple online evaluation of the student upon completion of the activity, with an option to review the student's portfolio reflection
Students cannot complete their Experiential Learning activities without the supervisor's final evaluation. Students will not graduate with Interdisciplinary Honors without completion of the Experiential Learning requirement.
The student is agreeing to:
- Take the initiative on the overall activity, including communicating with you, especially regarding any changes or difficulties
- Manage the application and approval process with the Honors Program
- Complete the agreed-upon activity in the agreed time-frame
- Respect the values and expectations of all collaborators
- Submit a portfolio entry about the project, including the original application, an artifact from the experience and a reflective annotation
Students are not required to complete additional work outside of their established commitment to their organization or position in order to meet the Honors Experiential Learning requirement.
Please don't hesitate to contact the Honors Program if you have any questions or concerns, and thank you again for your commitment to student success!
University of Washington Honors Program
211 Mary Gates Hall
Seattle, WA 98195-2800