The UW LEAH Teen Advisory Board (LEAH = Leadership Education in Adolescent Health) will advise adolescent healthcare providers across multiple fields including medicine, nutrition, social work, psychology and nursing. Share your perspective and help to improve healthcare for teens.
Meet monthly at Seattle Children's Hospital to:
- Collaborate with healthcare providers
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Earn community service hours
- Educate health providers about the teen experience
- Create and develop projects related to improving teen healthcare
- Discuss topics such as:
- Mental health and stress
- Substance use and abuse
- Healthy lifestyles
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Confidentiality and your rights
The deadline for applying is January 8th, 2020 by 6pm.