We are pleased to announce our new admissions policy. Although we do not anticipate a roster change during the academic year, completed applications on file will be reviewed if our current McNair scholar(s) is unable to meet the requirements of the program.
The application deadline is
April 15, 2013 by 5pm.
download and complete the 2013-2014 McNair Application.
(Depending on your internet browser settings, you may need to download the PDF in order to fill it out electronically.)
Please review the
requirements. Also, we highly recommend that interested students
discuss the application process in person with McNair/EIP Graduate
Student Advisors during their
A completed application consists of:
- A completed application form
- A statement of purpose
- One copy of your college transcripts from all institutions attended, including UW (an unofficial copy
- A copy of your income tax form from the previous year
- A copy of your financial award letter
- One or two letters of recommendation,
depending on your year in school (at least one must be
from a faculty member)
- A writing sample of at least two pages that was completed within the last year (e.g., a final paper from a course)
Mail applications to:
McNair Scholars Program
173G Mary Gates Hall - Box 352803
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-5845
The University of Washington McNair Scholars Program is a
TRIO Program funded by the United States Department of Education, the University of Washington, and the UW Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity (OMAD).