Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Fellowships
- National funding sources for graduate school
- Access Group
- estudentloan.com offers you a chance to compare lenders and find the right loan online
- Grants in Graduate Studies is a database of grants for graduate students (put together at NYU)
- The Institute of International Education oversees the Fulbright Program, among other things
- FastWeb: Financial Aid Resources Through the Web
- FinAid: A guide to financial aid
- The National Science Foundation offers a variety of grants and awards for students
- Grantsnet.org offers funding opportunities for training in the biological and medical sciences.
- Gates Millennium Scholarship Program
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- United Negro College Fund
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans (i.e. holders of Green Cards, naturalized citizens, or children of two naturalized citizens)
- Association on American Indian Affairs scholarships
- NASA's Harriet Jenkins Fellowship offers three years of funding for underrepresented students in science, math and technology fields.
- National Physical Science Consortium graduate fellowship offers up to six years of funding for women and underrepresented minorities studying physical sciences, biochemistry, computer science, engineering, and related fields.
- The National Academies website is a place to look for various graduate school fellowships, including the Ford Fellowship for minority students
- U.S. Department of Education Financial Assistance Page
- GEM (National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science, Inc.) offers portable graduate fellowships to Native American, African American, and Hispanic American engineering and science Ph.D. students
- Bell Labs Fellowships for Underrepresented Minorities
- Colorado State University's Colorado PEAKS Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate Program (AGEP) offers fellowships to underrepresented minority graduate students in science, engineering, and mathematics.
- NASP (Northwest Association of Special Programs) maintains a list of Educational Resources Financial Aid Links
- SuperCollege.com allows you to sign up for a free service to search a database of over 400,000 awards offering over $1 billion in scholarships to college and graduate students.
- Project 1000 reduces graduate school application costs for students from underrepresented groups by allowing you to apply to up to seven participating programs for free.
Graduate School Application Incentives for McNair Scholars
Many universities around the country waive application fees for McNair Scholars. Some even have graduate fellowships for McNair Scholars accepted into their programs. The list of all the universities that offer application incentives for McNair Scholars is maintained by the University of Rochester's McNair Program:
Contact us today!
173G Mary Gates Hall Box 352803 University of Washington Seattle, WA 98195-1271 Phone: 206-543-6460 Fax: 206-543-2746 email@example.com
The University of Washington McNair Scholars Program is a TRIO Program funded by the United States Department of Education, and the University of Washington, and the UW Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity(OMAD).