Our application for the 2017-2018 cohort is now open. The application deadline is Friday, April 14, 2017 by 5 pm.
Directions for Submitting your Letter(s) of Reference:
- Contact your letter writers, letting them know that you will be applying to the McNair program (remember to provide your writers with plenty of time to write you a strong letter.)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- First and Last Name of Recommender
- Email Address
- Your relationship to recommender
In your subject line write: Reference Submission for (your name).
- We will send your letter writer an email with the instructions for writing and uploading an electronic copy. We will send out your email within 24 hours (M-Th) of receipt of your email, so make sure you provide us with the name(s) and email(s) as soon as you are starting your application.
(Depending on your internet browser settings, you may need to download the PDF in order to fill it out electronically.)
Please review the eligibility requirements. Also, we highly recommend that interested students discuss the application process in person with McNair/EIP Graduate Student Advisors during their office hours.
A completed application consists of:
- A completed application form
- A statement of purpose
- One copy of your college transcripts from all institutions attended, including UW (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
- A copy of your parents’ most recent income tax form (or, if your parents cannot claim you as a dependent, then your income tax form)
- A copy of your financial award letter
- One or two letters of recommendation, depending on your year in school (See instruction on application form – at least one must be from a faculty member)
- A writing sample of at least two pages that was completed within the last year (e.g., a final paper from a course)
Mail or drop off applications to:
McNair Scholars Program
171 Mary Gates Hall – Box 352803
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-2803