We are pleased to announce our new rolling admissions policy. Although we do not anticipate a roster change during the academic year, completed applications on file will be reviewed if any current McNair scholar(s) is unable to meet the requirements of the program. The application deadline is Friday, April 15, 2015 by 5 pm.
The McNair Application will be uploaded soon
(Depending on your internet browser settings, you may need to download the PDF in order to fill it out electronically.)
Please review the eligibility requirements. Also, we highly recommend that interested students discuss the application process in person with McNair/EIP Graduate Student Advisors during their office hours.
A completed application consists of:
- A completed application form
- A statement of purpose
- One copy of your college transcripts from all institutions attended, including UW (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
- A copy of your parents’ most recent income tax form (or, if your parents cannot claim you as a dependent, then your income tax form)
- A copy of your financial award letter
- One or two letters of recommendation, depending on your year in school (See instruction on application form – at least one must be from a faculty member)
- A writing sample of at least two pages that was completed within the last year (e.g., a final paper from a course)
Mail or drop off applications to: