University of Washington Ronald E. McNair Program
INFORMATION FOR PRESENTERS
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstracts must be submitted by Friday April 2, 2010 for University of Washington McNair/EIP Scholars.
Abstracts must be submitted by Friday April 9, 2010 for Non-University of Washington McNair Scholars.
Your abstract should follow the guidelines listed below:
- Please limit your abstract to 50-150 words.
- Include the following information at the top of the page:
- Your name
- Your major
- Your faculty mentor's name, title, and department
- Your university
- The title of your presentation
- Your abstract should contain:
- A statement of the problem
- A summary of your approach/methods
- The theoretical framework, i.e., how your research fits into existing related scholarship and how it contributes to the field
- Your research findings
- Please compose your abstract in Word and send as an e-mail attachment.
E-mail submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many institutions have put together wonderful web pages to give you tips on poster design and creation. One such web page is "The Basics of Poster Design," by the Washington NASA Space Grant Consortium. See also this powerpoint presentation by the Undergraduate Research Program on poster design.
For our conference, please limit the size of your poster to the following
Smallest: 2.5' x 3.5'
Largest: 3' x 4'
We will provide poster backing, there is no need to bring your own.
ORAL PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
You may find a Presentation Tutorial created by the U of Washington's Undergraduate Research Program to be of use in preparing your presentation.
For our conference, we expect to have 15 minutes(total) per presenter, but this time also includes setup and questions. Therefore, we estimate that each speaker should prepare a talk of approximately 10 minutes or less.
A projector will be provided for PowerPoint presentations. A laptop is also available. Please let us know ahead of time if you would like to use our laptop.
Please let us know if you have any questions. E-mail email@example.com or call 206-543-6460.
The University of Washington McNair Scholars Program is a TRIO Program funded by the United States Department of Education, and the University of Washington, and the UW Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity(OMAD).