Our application for the 2019-2020 McNair Scholars Cohort is now CLOSED.
However, the McNair Scholars Program and Early Identification Program can still assist you with your graduate school ambitions.
2019 Application Instructions (Includes Essay Prompts)
2019 Application Form (Use Adobe Reader to fill out application prior to printing)
Prior to applying, please review the eligibility requirements.
We highly recommend that interested students discuss the application process in person with McNair/EIP Staff. E-mail email@example.com to arrange an appointment or attend an informational workshop.
A completed application consists of the following materials:
- A completed and signed application form
- Written responses to the 4 essay prompts
- One copy each of your college transcripts from all institutions attended, including UW (An unofficial copy is acceptable. If an institution requires payment to access your transcript, you do not need to include it in your application packet)
- A copy of your parents’ most recent income tax form (or, if your parents do not claim you as a dependent, then your income tax form)
- A copy of your financial award letter
- One or two letters of recommendation, depending on your year in school (See instruction on application form – at least one must be from a faculty member)
- A writing sample of at least two pages that was completed within the last year (e.g., a final paper from a course)
Mail or drop off applications to:
McNair Scholars Program
Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity
Mary Gates Hall – Box 352803
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-2803