Health Systems Pathway
Health Systems Curriculum
There were over 30 lectures and small group sessions in 2013-14. Here are a few:
- Sean Sullivan "Health Economics 101"
- Kera Rabbit "Understanding Cost Data and Patient Bills"
- Chris Vanderwarker "Change Management"
- Freddy Chen "Health Systems Overview and Future of ACA"
- Simha Reddy "Advocacy for the Homeless"
- Anneliese Schleyer "Quality Improvement Workshop"
- Reshma Gupta "Patient-Centered Medical Homes"
- Bob Crittendon "WWAMI region ACA Update"
- Guest speakers Ali Khan and David Gellis: "Iora: Innovative Primary Care"
Several small group workshops used content from ACP's High Value Care Curriculum .
Elective Opportunities in Health Systems:
- Health Systems Elective
The Health Systems Elective is an immersion block in health care systems and quality improvement. The elective includes lectures and interactive sessions with faculty involved in quality improvement and operations and presentations from local experts. Teams of residents in the elective develop and implement quality improvement projects supported by faculty these projects have resulted in abstract acceptances as well as local attention and support. Additionally, residents complete an online curriculum from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Open School resulting in certification by the conclusion of the block.
Contact: Jennifer Best, MD, email@example.com
- The Iora Health Elective
Contact: Ali Khan, MD, MPP, firstname.lastname@example.org
This away elective provides a unique opportunity to work within Iora Health
, an innovative primary care model. The experience includes a mix of clinical work (particularly among the super-utilizer population cared for at many of Ioras clinics), discrete operations improvement work and analytic projects. Residents are simultaneously exposed to a carefully designed curriculum in health innovation, primary care redesign and leadership. Anyone in their R2-R4 years are encouraged to apply. The elective is approved within the residency and will be funded (similar to a WWAMI rotation). Currently, residents rotate through the Las Vegas clinic, Culinary Extra
- Elective Opportunities in Health Systems overview
Other Resources and Opportunities
= Adobe PDF file
= External site link
= Microsoft PowerPoint file
= Microsoft Word document
= ZIP file