HMC Dermatology Clinic
- 3 West Clinic
- Clinic contacts:
- Tracy Boyd (206) 744-8033
Stephanie Irons (206) 744-9204
- Phil Kirby, MD
Roy Colven, MD
Marshall Welch, MD
- Monday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Wednesday, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Patients present with a wide variety of disease processes.
Patients are evaluated independently by the resident and then staffed
with an attending. After being supervised residents are encouraged to
perform procedures including skin biopsies and liquid nitrogen cryotherapy.
Learn approach to differential diagnosis of skin conditions based on lesion morphology and distribution.
Recognition and management of common non-malignant cutaneous disorders
including; dermatitis (atopic, contact, seborrheic), psoriasis, acne,
warts, seborrheic and actinic keratoses, keloids, hair loss, venous ulcers,
skin infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic). Recognition and
management of skin cancers. Recognition and management of atypical hyperpigmented
skin lesions including melanoma. Performance of skin procedures including
punch biopsy, shaves biopsy, excisional biopsy, and cyst excision. Introduction
to topical therapy with an emphasis on topical corticosteroids. Introduction
to systemic therapies used in Dermatology.
- Habif, T. Clinical Dermatology. 1997. Good text for the non-dermatologist.
- Fitzpatrick, T, et al (eds.). Dermatology in General Medicine. The American standard in dermatology.
- Rook, et al (eds.). Dermatology. A copy of this is located in the Dermatology Clinic.