- 3 West Clinic Desk B
- Clinic phone:
- (206) 744-3123
- Clinic contact:
- Kirsten Moe
- Shawn Skerett, MD
- Tuesday, 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
The goal of this clinic is to provide residents the skills necessary
to diagnose and treat common respiratory diseases and to understand the
role of the pulmonary sub-specialist in the management of patients.
Last patient is scheduled at 3:30 p.m., but usually done with post-clinic conference and charting at 6:15 p.m.
The resident should gain knowledge and skills in the following areas
of pulmonary medicine:
- Appropriate use of the history and physical examination in the evaluation
of patients with pulmonary disease
- Indications for and interpretation of pulmonary function testing.
- Mastery of performance and interpretation of office spirometry and
peak flow measurements
- Interpretations of chest radiographs
- Prevention (INH chemophrophylaxis, smoking cessation, immunization)
- Evaluation and management of patients with common pulmonary diseases
- Airflow obstruction (including optimal use of pharmacologic
- Sleep related disorders
- The solitary plumonary nodule and lung cancer
- Pneumonia (including TB)
- Interstitial lung disease (e.g., sarcoidosis)