HMC Senior Care
3 West Clinic
Clinic phone: 744-4191
Clinic contact: Marisa Arreola, 744-5825
Attending: Itamar Abrass, MD
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Thursday, 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Exposure to multi-disciplinary approach to outpatient medicine and the
geriatric population. We can accommodate two house officers at each session.
- Understand the difference between physiologic and pathologic changes
of aging, and the epidemiology and natural history of aging and diseases
- Learn aspects of preventive medicine, including nutrition, exercise,
screening and immunization of disease
- Develop proficiency in geriatric assessment (cognitive and functional);
activities of daily living; the instrumental activities of daily living;
the appropriate use of the history, physical and mental examination,
and the laboratory.
- Understanding of geriatric syndromes including cognitive impairment,
falls, incontinence, osteoporosis, sensory impairment, and undernutrition
- Learning to address outpatient end of life issues