HMC Senior Care Clinic
- 3 West Clinic
- For planned absences (vacation, conference leave, etc.), contact:
Thuan Ong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For emergency absences (sick leave, family emergency, etc.) contact:
- Call clinic at 744-4191
- Email Thuan Ong (email@example.com)
Tuesday mornings 8:30a
Tuesday afternoons 1:30p
Thursday mornings 8:30a
Thursday afternoons 1:30p
Our clinic provides primary care and consultative services for patients aged 65 years and older with a geriatric syndrome such as cognitive impairment, falls/gait instability, frailty, and/or functional decline. We emphasize chronic disease management and management of complex interacting medical problems. Care is provided by a multidisciplinary team representing geriatric medicine, psychiatry, pharmacy, nutrition, social work, and nursing.
- Identify, assess, and demonstrate ability to mitigate challenges to communication such as hearing and sight impairments, speech difficulties, aphasia, limited health literacy, and cognitive disorders.
- Review patient’s medications (including medications prescribed by other physicians, OTC, and CAM) with the patient and/or caregiver to assess adherence, eliminate duplicate or unnecessary medications, and minimize adverse reactions. Also consider medications in the differential diagnosis of new symptoms or geriatric syndromes, such as cognitive decline.
- Perform, interpret, and formulate a differential diagnosis and workup for patients with changes in affect, cognition, and behavior
- Individualize standard recommendations regarding health maintenance and preventive medicine, such as cancer screening, based on life expectancy, co-morbidities, functional status, and goals of care.
For more details about the HMC Senior Care Clinic, please visit catalyst.uw.edu/workspace/thuano/45685/330037