UW Roosevelt Women's Health Clinic
- Women's Health Care Center
4245 Roosevelt Way NE
- Clinic phone:
- (206) 598-5500
- Clinic contact:
- Sally McManus (206) 598-8963
- Nancy Simon, MD, MPH
- Monday, 8:00am - 12:00 noon
- This clinic is a required part of the R2 clinic block. The clinic focuses on the Preventive Health Exam for women with opportunities to perform age-appropriate screening exams. Some acute general medical problems are also seen during the sessions.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
- To learn about recommended age and gender appropriate health screening standards proposed by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force and other groups.
- To practice and gain confidence in the performance of a speculum examination and collection of pap smears and other gynecologic specimans.
- To practice and gain confidence in the performance of a screening and diagnostic breast examination.
- To learn to provice health counseling and guidance regarding healthy lifestyles, substance abuse, and mental health issues.