International Travel

Health Insurance & Emergency Assistance for Travel Abroad

UW faculty, staff and student employees are covered by university insurance while traveling abroad on university business. "Abroad" is defined as any location outside the U.S., its territories or possessions, or Puerto Rico. In addition, coverage extends to personal travel for up to two weeks when it is connected with university business.

Assistance for medical, security, personal, travel and legal emergencies is available through the travel assistance company, On Call International.

For more information, see the UW Global Operations Support page on global travel and insurance.