Since residency training at the University of Washington takes place
at several different hospital sites, we feel it is important to have
activities and resources that allow the residents to bond, exchange information,
relax, and have fun as a group. We also have a strong commitment to ensuring
that new UW residents have an enjoyable and easy transition to living
in Seattle. Several social activities and publications are provided each
year to fulfill these important needs.
Departmental activities for residents held annually are:
- Intern Welcome Dinner. Spouses, significant others, and families
- R1 Retreat. Overnight accommodations are provided for interns and
their families at a location away from Seattle.
- R3 Graduation, at which residency certificates are handed out
by program faculty.
- Winter Soirée, held in December for all faculty and housestaff.
- Annual Housestaff Awards Banquet. All housestaff and faculty are
invited to this farewell activity. This is often a dinner/dance at a popular Seattle waterfront