The Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) is a global organization providing collective
voice and professional support for science centers, museums, and related institutions, whose innovative approaches to science learning inspire people of all ages about the wonders and the meaning of science in their lives. Through strategic alliances and global partnerships, ASTC strives to increase awareness of the valuable contributions its members make to their communities and the field of informal STEM learning. Founded in 1973, ASTC now represents over 600 members in nearly 50 countries, including not only science centers and museums, but also nature centers, aquariums, planetariums, zoos, botanical gardens, and natural history and children’s museums, as well as companies, consultants, and other organizations that share an interest in informal science education.
ASTC seeks an Association Services Coordinator to provide support to the Membership and Conference departments, and provide general assistance to other key staff, including the CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Responding to requests for information about ASTC benefits, events, and membership;
- Managing membership renewal, acknowledgement, and prospective member recruitment mailings;
- Handling day-to-day upkeep of ASTC's database, including entering new information and keeping records current;
- Assisting with association efforts to promote and increase membership, conference attendance, and publication advertisements;
- Promoting and scheduling governing member site visits, enlisting peer consultants, and collecting feedback from site visit participants;
- Providing general assistance with ASTC's award programs;
- Coordinating the Governing Member Directors Appreciation Reception during the annual conference;
- Working as a team member in support of the annual conference;
- Providing key support to ASTC CEO and staff when available; and
- Providing general assistance with ASTC's daily operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- One to two years experience in customer service or association environment;
- Science, education, or museum background a plus;
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and written/oral communications skills;
- Work experience in member database systems (preferably in iMIS#, Microsoft Office Suite #Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint#, and internet/social media skills; and
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and attention to detail.
Send your cover letter and resume MUST include salary requirements) to: ASTC, Attention: Larry Hoffer, 1025 Vermont Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005; email: email@example.com.