Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Supervisor: Collections Contracts Supervisor
The Collections Contracts Assistant is responsible for the classification, curation and cataloging of archaeological artifacts, documents and photographic images from existing MNA collections (many owned and administered by federal agencies) and newly curated collections brought in by contractors. This includes re-housing and data entry into the Museum’s database, Argus as well as the NPS database, ICMS.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Data entry
• Photo documentation (digital photography, scanning images)
• Conduct inventories and locate artifacts for agencies
• Assist interns and volunteers
• Correct errors in data entry and cataloging
1. Knowledge of and/or experience with contemporary museum curation practices.
2. Familiar with archaeological investigation techniques, artifact types and documentation.
3. Knowledge and skill in the use of Argus database.
4. Knowledge of collections management, conservation and museum management principles, concepts, methods and practices, and the skill to apply that knowledge to solve practical problems.
5. Ability to communicate with clarity and conciseness, both verbally and in written documents.
6. Possesses a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
7. Ability to work independently, self-motivated, capable of evaluation of complex situations and seeking guidance when necessary.
8. Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology or related field
Generally work indoors during business hours, Monday through Friday. MNA is willing to work around school schedules for students.
Job contingent on satisfactory passing of background security check
How To apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Jaina Moan at email@example.com.
Email is the preferred method of application submission. If you are not able to submit your application via email, please call Jaina Moan at 928-774-5211, Ext. 203 to receive additional instructions for application submission.
Deadline: Open until filled.
Please submit your application materials by Sunday, March 2, 2013 to be included in the first review of applications scheduled for the week of March 4, 2013.