The Development Research Manager administers the prospect research program, which supports the fundraising activities at Pacific Science Center. In helping the Development team to meet their fundraising goals, the Development Research Manager assumes primary responsibility for providing strategic leadership and results in the areas of prospect identification, research and qualification, moves management, reporting, and data analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Builds prospect identification and qualification strategy to promote long-term major gift prospect pipeline and to prioritize prospects and donors in the cultivation cycle for the Development team.
- Utilizes wealth screening data to identify current PSC constituents that are capable of making major gifts, as well as those members that may be ready for upgrade to a higher membership level.
- Researches prospective and current donors (individuals, corporations, and foundations) by gathering, interpreting, analyzing, and evaluating information.
- Writes quality profiles and event brief bios, which includes relevant biographical, financial, philanthropic, and relational information. Disseminates and stores information for easy access by the Development team.
- Provides research services and assistance to both the Development team and the larger organization.
- Evaluates and rates prospects and donors based on known indicators of wealth.
- Meets regularly with the Development team, keeping abreast of their activities and initiatives and the programs and events underway in the department and at the larger organization.
- Regularly collaborates with development staff to develop prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and overall fundraising strategies.
- Reviews local and national news, business, and philanthropy-related publications, keeping abreast of prospect information, local and regional business developments, and economic and philanthropic trends. Shares relevant information with Development staff.
- Manages library of resources, maintains contracts with vendors, and recommends and acquires new research materials and resources.
- Provides research orientation for all Development officers.
- Prioritizes donor research requests from staff. Ensures that all research completed meets the highest standards of confidentiality, quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of donor and prospect information at all times. Works closely with Database Manager to maintain data integrity as well as knowledge management.
- Assists in establishing, revising, and updating department policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Click here to view the complete job description and to submit your cover letter and resume.