The New-York Historical Society seeks a Group Tours Reservationist who will staff the group tours phone line. Report directly to the Visitor Services Supervisor in charge of Group Tours, the Group Tours Reservationist will be responsible for booking and administering group tour visits (adult tour groups, not school groups). The ideal candidate is outgoing, with a friendly and patient personality and who also has a professional mannerism and the ability to multi-task. This person works closely with the tour group staff. This position will be full time. Will primarily work Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm but may include nights and weekends as needed.
- Answering calls related to booking tour groups.
- Understanding all the pricing related to the various group tour options.
- Ability to explain to prospective groups the different group tour options available to them.
- Produce Group Tours Sales reports
- Works very closely with the group tours marketing department and call center reservationist by communicating time-sensitive group information, including but not limited to changes in the schedule and/or attendance numbers, and late arrivals.
- Handling all group tour administration including but not limited to entering the bookings into the Historical Society's admissions software, sending out confirmation letters and pre-visit materials to group leaders, processing deposits and final payments, making 48-hour advance confirmation calls, following up with groups on late deposits, following up with groups after their visit.
- Work closely with Stephen Starr Catering to arrange dining options for tour groups.
- Make pro-active calls to potential clients from a prospect list that will be provided to them
Additional tasks may be added as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in Visitor Services, phone sales and/or customer service preferably in a museum setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and time management skills; ability to interface effectively with the public on a day-to-day basis and demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft, Word and Excel. Experience with admissions/ticketing software a plus.
For consideration please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the job title.