Applications for the Fall of 2017 will be accepted starting August 1, 2016. All materials must be received online or postmarked by January 15, 2017. We encourage all applicants to prepare and submit your applications well before the deadline.
Application requirements and detailed instructions will be available on August 1, 2016.
Admission to the University of Washington is necessarily a selective process. Prospective students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Have earned at least a 3.0 or B grade-point-average in the most recent two years of study.
The Desired Applicant
In addition to the minimum requirements of the Graduate School, the Museology Program seeks applicants with:
- A passion and commitment for innovation, research and informal learning
- Clarity of purpose
- A diversity of academic backgrounds which might include the hard sciences, social sciences, humanities or research, education and design
- Experience working in museums or informal learning environments
- Excellent letters of reference and articulate application essays