The Visual Art Coordinator is primarily responsible for VSA’s visual arts programs which serve students with disabilities and young emerging visual artists with disabilities through a range of art competitions and exhibitions, as well as through arts education and career development programs.
Some of the programs this position oversees include:
- VSA/VW Emerging Artists competitions, exhibitions and tours of work by young artists 18 to 25 years of age
- VSA’s International Children's Art - Yo So .. I am - children’s art competitions, exhibitions and tours
- Technical Assistance Program - advising educators, and cultural/service organizations on a wide range of visual arts, education and disability related topics
- Rosemary Kennedy Internship Initiative which is a careers in the arts program for youth with disabilities interested in exploring or pursuing a career in the arts
- VSA International Art Collection – managing the collection, arranging loans, overseeing the development of a collection catalogue.
For a complete job description and instructions on how to apply click here.