The American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) hosted the 2016 Summer Meeting in Sacramento, California in mid-July, and many members of UWPEG were in attendance! Tong, Bert, Marshall, Ryan, and Paul all gave contributed presentations:
- Tong Wan: Student Ability to Use Complex Numbers in Quantum Mechanics
- Bert Xue: Improving Student Understanding of Vector Fields in E&M
- Ryan Hazelton: Investigating Student Understanding of Vector Calculus in E&M
- Marshall Styczinski: Improving Understanding of Gauss’s Law by Replacing Examples with Reasoning
- Paul Emigh: Developing and Assessing Quantum Tutorials: Time Dependence and Measurements
Sheh Lit, Bert, Tong, and Paul all presented posters during the Physics Education Research Conference (PERC) poster sessions:
Many former group members also gave contributed and invited talks. UWPEG family connections are far-flung and deeply involved in our scientific community! The AAPT Summer Meeting was a fantastic experience for all those who attended, they all agree. Research was presented, connections were made, friendships among colleagues were established and reaffirmed, and many a serendipitous discussion was to be had. Several of the attendees are planning new directions for their projects and even new collaborations!