Unless otherwise noted, pretests in Physics 12x will be administered online each week. Each pretest is available during a limited time interval. Consult the page for your specific course and section for availability: 121 - 122 - 123. The pretests will not be available at other times.
You should take about 12 minutes to complete the pretest. The pretest will be automatically submitted after 15 minutes whether you are finished or not.
Take the pretest in one sitting.
Be sure you have a 12 to 15 minute block of time during which you will not be interrupted.
You will not be able to go back to previous pages in the pretest.
To receive credit for the pretest:
- We must either have your pretest submission or an email explaining any difficulties you were having. The email must be received during the times that the pretest is due; you must include the information at right to receive credit.
- Credit will not be given for a pretest that does not show a serious attempt at providing an explanation of reasoning.
You will need a UW NetID to access the pretest. Your UW NetID is the part of your email address that comes before the "@u.washington.edu" or "@uw.edu". If you do not have a UW NetID, you can obtain one online at http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/accounts/
If you meet the technical requirements described above and are having difficulty with the pretest send an email to one of the three addresses below and follow the instructions below.
If you are in Physics 121 send an email to: email@example.com
If you are in Physics 122 send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in Physics 123 send an email to: email@example.com
The appropriate email address is also included at the bottom of each pretest.
In the subject of your email:
- Include your UW NetID, Tutorial section, and the pretest number. (e.g., joesmith, 121aa, 7)
In the body of your email:
- Indicate the browser you are using (with the version number)
- Whether you are using a Mac or a PC
- The location from which you are accessing the pretest (e.g., home, study center, Odegaard, etc.)
- Last name
- First name
- Tutorial section
- A detailed description of the problem you are having.