What is a Proof?
A proof is a small printed version of a poster that allows you to check for any errors and correct your file before the final poster is printed.
A proof is inexpensive insurance: If you do not get a print proof, errors on the final poster are your responsibility, and we must charge for both the original and any reprints.
Design Help: Staff can troubleshoot file problems; however, after 15 minutes, there is a consulting fee.
WARNING: ALL Contract proofs are stamped "draft," if you want an unmarked print, order an 11x17 poster print.
What to check on a proof:
- Did your file print as expected? Your file may not be compatible with our software.
- Are there any corrections or changes you want to make?
- Are the colors correct? Only a contract proof is guaranteed to provide color matching with your final poster as it is printed with the same paper and on the same printer.
Contract Proof at a glance
- printed on selected poster material
- shows accurate color for final poster*
- takes approximately 4 hours
- costs $7.00
- "draft" stamped on the proof
*Most computer monitors and printers are not calibrated so the color you see on your computer screen may NOT match the color you see on your printed proof or final. If provided with a color sample, we MAY be able to provide a color match. This will be an additional charge and the results are not guaranteed. Color matching availability is also contingent upon production workload. There may be times when it is unavailable to due a heavy production schedule.
Warning: Client assumes responsibility for the content and formatting of any unproofed final poster.
The normal 1-day turnaround for poster printing does not include time for a proof. Add at least 1/2 day for proofing. See current turnaround times in right sidebar.
Contract proof turnarounds are set at 10am, 1pm and 4pm.
- If a file is in by 10am, the contract proof will be ready by 1pm the same day.
- Once the poster is approved to "go final" the due date & pickup time can be set.