The mission of the WWAMI RHRC is to carry out national and regional research that informs policy related to:
- Training and supply of rural health care providers and the content and outcomes of the care they provide.
- Availability and quality of care for rural women and children, including obstetric and perinatal care.
- Access to high-quality care for vulnerable and minority rural populations.
Investigators and Staff
- Holly Andrilla, MS, Investigator and Biostatistician
- Laura-Mae Baldwin, MD, MPH, Investigator
- Gina Keppel, MPH, Research Scientist
- Caitlin Morrison, MPH, Research Scientist
- Tom Norris, MD, Investigator
- Amanda Punsalan, Administrative Assistant
- Martha Reeves, BS, Program Coordinator
- Roger Rosenblatt, MD, MPH, Investigator
- Stefanie Sanders, BA, RN, Research Coordinator
- Susan Skillman, MS, Investigator
Other investigators involved in RHRC projects
- Dana Lynge, Dept. of Surgery, UW
- Shilpeh Patel, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, UW
Expert Work Group
The WWAMI RHRC benefits from guidance provided by an Expert Work Group whose members suggest policy relevant research topics, assist in the employment of appropriate methodology, review Center products and ensure that the work of the Center is practical and useful to policy makers, practitioners, and rural communities.
- Perri Morgan, PhD, PA-C, is an Associate Professor and Director of Physician Assistant Research at the Physician Assistant Division in the Department of Community and Family Medicine at Duke University.
- Joanne M. Pohl, PhD, ANP-BC, FAAN, FAANP, is a Professor Emerita at the University of Michigan School of Nursing.
- Howard Rabinowitz, MD, is Professor of Family Medicine and Director, Physician Shortage Areas Program, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA.
- Thomas C. Ricketts, III, PhD, MPH, is a Professor of Health Policy and Administration and Social Medicine, and the Director of the Health Policy Analysis Unit in the Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research and the Southeastern Regional Center for Health Workforce Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He also co-directs the American College of Surgeons Policy Research Institute.
- John Supplitt, MPA, MBA, is Senior Director of the Section for Small or Rural Hospitals of the American Hospital Association.