We will be using ASHP's Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) for all applicants. You can find out more about PhORCAS at www.ashp.org/phorcas. Here are some specific details for candidates considering our programs.
- Our deadline for applications is December 31, 2015. All material must be in PhORCAS by that date.
- Please make sure you are designating the correct program. The UW Medicine PGY1 program is a multisite program consisting of University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC), Harborview Medical Center (HMC) and Northwest Hospital and Medical Center. UWMC/HMC has match number 184013; Northwest Hospital and Medical Center has match number 184021.
- The PGY1 residency offered by Valley Medical Center is a separate residency program affiliated with UW Medicine.
- The programs offered through the University of Washington School of Pharmacy are community/ambulatory residencies and are not affiliated with UW Medicine.
- The residency committee reviews your letter of intent, CV, transcripts, and three letters of reference.
- References should use the standard form in PhORCAS. We do not require a separate free form letter.
- Your letter of intent (no longer than one page) should state your career goals, interests and the reason you are considering this program. Be specific as to why you feel UW Medicine would be a good fit with your career goals and interests. This should be uploaded through the PhORCAS system.
- An on-site interview is required for each site that you apply to. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by January 15, 2016.
- The application evaluation & interview processes are separate for the UWMC/HMC site and Northwest Hospital site. You may choose to apply to one or both sites.
- Interviews for the PGY1 program will be conducted the weeks of January 25-January 29 and February 8-February 12 2016.
- Please note: The University of Washington is NOT able to sponsor visas for pharmacy residents (PGY1 or PGY2).
Applicants for the Residency in Health-System Pharmacy Administration/Master of Health Administration have these additional requirements:
E-mail these additional items directly to the program coordinator, Michael Alwan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 pm on December 31, 2015.
- Applicant self-assessment form
- One of the three required letters of recommendation should address your readiness for leadership and/or experience in a leadership role
- An example of a completed project (i.e. DUE, formal drug information write-up, presentation, etc.)
- Candidates that match with the UW Medicine Health System Pharmacy Administration residency will be accepted to the MHA program. Applicants should not apply separately to the graduate school for the MHA program.