We will be using ASHP's Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) for all applicants. You can find out more about PhORCAS at www.ashp.org/phorcas. Here are some specific details for candidates considering our programs.
- Our deadline for applications is December 31, 2014. All material must be in PhORCAS by that date.
- Please make sure you are designating the correct program. The PGY1 residencies offered by Valley Medical Center and Northwest Hospital are separate residency programs affiliated with UW Medicine.
- The programs offered through the University of Washington School of Pharmacy are community/ambulatory residencies and are not affiliated with UW Medicine.
- The residency committee reviews your letter of intent, CV, transcripts, and three letters of reference.
- Your letter of intent (no longer than one page) should state your career goals, interests and the reason you are considering this program. Be specific as to why you feel UW Medicine would be a good fit with your career goals and interests. This should be uploaded through the PhORCAS system.
- An on-site interview is required. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by January 16, 2015
- Interviews for the PGY1 program will be conducted the weeks of January 26-January 30 and February 9-February 13 2015.
- Please note: The University of Washington is NOT able to sponsor visas for pharmacy residents (PGY1 or PGY2).
Applicants for the Residency in Health-System Pharmacy Administration/Master of Health Administration have these additional requirements:
E-mail these additional items directly to the program coordinator, Michael Alwan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 pm on December 31, 2014.
- Applicant self-assessment form
- One of the three required letters of recommendation should address your readiness for leadership and/or experience in a leadership role
- An example of a completed project (i.e. DUE, formal drug information write-up, presentation, etc.)