We will be using ASHP's Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) for all applicants. You can find out more about PhORCAS at www.ashp.org/phorcas. Here are some specific details for candidates considering our programs.
- Our deadline for applications is December 31, 2013. All material must be in PhORCAS by that date.
- The residency committee reviews your letter of intent, CV, transcripts, and three letters of reference.
- Your letter of intent (no longer than one page) should state your career goals, interests and the reason you are considering this program. Be specific as to why you feel UW Medicine would be a good fit with your career goals and interests. This should be uploaded through the PhORCAS system.
- An on-site interview is required. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by January 17, 2014
- Interviews for the PGY1 program will be conducted the weeks of January 27-January 31 and February 10-February 14 2014.
- Please note: The University of Washington is NOT able to sponsor visas for pharmacy residents (PGY1 or PGY2).
Applicants for the Residency in Health-System Pharmacy Administration/Master of Health Administration have these additional requirements:
E-mail these additional items directly to the program coordinator, Michael Alwan (email@example.com) by 11:59 pm on December 31, 2013.
- Applicant self-assessment form
- One additional letter of recommendation addressing your readiness for leadership from someone in a position of leadership
- GRE Scores (not required for applicants to this residency unless they have a GPA<3.0/4.0)
- An example of a completed project (i.e. DUE, formal drug information write-up, presentation, etc.)