NEW Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity!
The SMART Center 2021 Speaker Series
The UW SMART Center speaker series brings esteemed scholars to the UW and Seattle community to elevate our understanding of issues related to school mental health and critical topics in education. Learn more about the full series and register for all events here.
Originally a series of in-person events, we have moved these presentations to a virtual format due to COVID-19. All are welcome to attend these FREE events. Please feel free to share our series flyer and promote these presentations with any of your contacts that might be interested.
Please note: These events will be limited to 500 attendees. Access to the live event will be available to registered participants on a first-come, first-serve basis. To secure a spot, we invite you to log on 5 – 10 minutes prior to the event.
- December 2, 2020 (8:30-9:45 am) – “Developing an Instructional Alternative to Exclusionary Discipline Practices” – Rhonda Nese, PhD (RSVP here)
- March 3, 2021 (8:30-9:45 am) – “Strengthening Relationships and Repairing Harm: A Paradigm Shift in School Discipline Practice and Research” – Anne Gregory, PhD (RSVP here)
- April 7, 2021 (8:30-9:45 am) – “Using a Racial Equity Theory of Change (RETOC) to Facilitate Collaboration Between University Researchers and a Community Based Organization” – Ginger Kwan & Ilene Schwartz, PhD, BCBA-D (RSVP here)
- May 5, 2021 (8:30-9:45 am) – “Indigenous Systems of Relationality: Designing for Transformative Agency in Indigenous Community Psychology” – Emma Elliott-Groves, PhD (RSVP here)
- June 2, 2021 (8:30-9:45 am) – “Culturally Responsive School Mental Health Interventions” – Janine Jones, PhD (RSVP here)