Smartphone Support Service Ending June 30, 2014
UW-IT is retiring the Smartphone Support service on June 30, 2014. Here are the key dates:
- June 12, 2014: Smartphone no longer accepting new service requests.
- June 12 – June 30, 2014: UW-IT staff will focus on completing requests and decommissioning this service, and will respond to any questions you submit before June 12.
- July 3, 2014: You will receive your final bill from UW-IT for Smartphone support.
Future Smartphone Support Options
Online self-help in IT Connect:
- Through your cell phone provider
- Nebula customers may receive limited support from your Nebula support staff
Why This Service Is Being Retired
The decision to retire the Smartphone Support service was reached through a partnership with and recommendation by the IT Service Management Board, one of three University-wide information technology (IT) governance boards that provide advice on IT strategy, services and priorities. This change is in keeping with UW-IT’s mission to provide technology services in line with the University’s priorities.
Please send email to email@example.com if you have any other questions.