Access management allows you to manage, control, and audit access to online data, resources, and applications. It involves managing privileges, group memberships, and service subscriptions. Access management allows you to manage risk and to comply with governing policies. In some cases you can also delegate management authority to others.
UW Information Technology supports enterprise access management through:
- ASTRA (Access to Systems Tools Resources and Applications)
- UW Groups service
- UW Subscriptions (Uniform Access) service
Access management service options include:
- ASTRA - Provides enterprise authority management and privilege management services; UW 'delegators' and 'authorizers' use the ASTRA Web site to manage the authority and assign authorizations; consuming applications use the ASTRA Web service to obtain the authorizations assigned to a specific user (UW NetID) or application.
- UW Groups service - Provides enterprise group management for access control, collaboration, and messaging; it supports groups usage throughout the UW by making it easier to identify, define, and reuse groups in many systems and applications; group memberships comprise UW NetIDs, federated IDs, DNS names, as well as other UW Group IDs.
- UW Subscriptions (Uniform Access) service - Provides access to many central UW computing services such as UW Email, Web Publishing, Odegaard Learning Commons, UW Libraries off-campus proxy; enables provisioning and de-provisioning of access based on UW NetIDs and university affiliations (e.g., student, employee, alumni); supports UW NetID service activation and deactivation of services.
UW faculty, UW staff, UW students
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of irregularly scheduled maintenance
This service is included in the Technology Recharge Fee.
Uptime: Continuous, all days and hours. Service issues will be addressed based on priority and resource availability.