Google Collaborative Applications
This service is readily available for current students, faculty, staff, and alumni, as well as former students. Staff and faculty interested in this minimally UW-supported service should check with their departments first. Owners of Shared UW NetIDs (for example, departmental, course, or student activity organizations) may also set up a UW Google Apps account.
UW Google Apps offers the following through the Google Apps for Education program:
- UW Google Email: Ad-free email with 30 GB of storage, and continued use of your @u.washington.edu or @uw.edu email address
- Google Calendar: Schedule meetings, create events, and share calendars
- Google Docs: Create, store, share, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online
- Google Sites: Create Web sites and incorporate photos, videos, calendars, and more
- Google Talk: Instant messaging and computer-to-computer voice calling
More information can be found online at http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/connect/email/google-apps
Several additional applications are available through UW Google Apps. These applications are not included in the core services of Google Apps for Education and require a separate End User License Agreement (EULA). UW Google Apps currently offers these additional applications:
- User Managed Storage
- Google Maps
- Webmaster Tools
- Google Bookmarks
- Google Books
- Google Code
- Lucidchart (3rd party App)
UW faculty; UW staff; UW students; UW alumni; Shared UW NetIDs; former UW students. UW Medicine clinical faculty and staff are prohibited from forwarding email to Cloud-based services, including this UW Google Apps service.
Google indicates that this service is generally available. Details concerning availability are provided in the End User License Agreement (EULA) when you sign up for this service.
This service is included in the Technology Recharge Fee.
Details about the service level agreement are provided in the End User License Agreement (EULA) when you sign up for this service.
Limited support is available from the UW Information Technology Service Center. This support is limited to activation questions.
Questions regarding the use and features of the service should be directed to Google.
More details can be found at http://uw.edu/googleapps.html#help