Nebula Managed Desktop Services
The Nebula Managed Desktop Service provides workstation management and assistance along with a core set of services that users of workstations typically find valuable. It offers services to both Windows and Mac OS X computers. There are optional service options at additional cost.
Nebula Managed Desktop Services is an excellent option for clients who would like the management and user benefits of being in a well-managed environment without the technical burdens. Service levels and rates allow flexibility in managing and reducing your information technology (IT) costs.
Workstation management consists of:
- Providing a hard drive image of a standard operating system1 and supported software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, and antivirus software)
- Operating system updates and troubleshooting
- Centralized software deployment to workstations (Windows only)
- Anti-virus software installation and maintenance
Workstation assistance consists of:
- User account management
- Basic helpdesk support, which typically means assistance for common problems
Additional services that are included in the core package are:
- Nebula file services, including both shared and home directory space. Nebula file services are automatically backed up and there is a self-service file restoration capability provided
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides secure connection to restricted campus services
- Training room for your use on a pre-scheduled basis
1 Standard OS is defined to be the most recently released OS version and the prior OS version.
Services which are available at additional cost are:
- Windows file services. Capacity and continuity for this option are limited, but it does provide self-service access control and other unique advantages over the Nebula file service.
- Group management based on the UW Groups service. You can manage your own groups at no cost, but if you’d rather have someone else manage your groups, we’ll do that for you. You will still need to tell us when to make changes.
- Nebula Consulting consists of workstation or other helpdesk assistance that goes beyond basic support. Typically this is any problem that requires on-site support or takes more than 30 minutes to resolve. We can provide assistance in choosing and ordering new computers. We can re-image your computer with our hard drive image. We can also provide business analysis to help you find IT solutions to your needs.
UW faculty; UW staff; UW researchers; UW clinicians; UW academic units; UW administrative units; UW Medical Center; Harborview Medical Center; Requires a valid UW budget number.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Rates for this service are for FY2015 (7/1/2014-6/30/2015)
|Type of Service||Cost||Per|
|Basic Desktop||$36.50||Computer per Month|
Nebula responds to requests in less than four hours. Our response can be escalated if there is a critical issue. Our goal is to minimize user downtime.