Virtual Private Network (VPN) Service
The Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides a way for users on- or off-campus to access restricted campus resources. Features include:
- Encrypts traffic between client computer and VPN server
- Access control via UW NetIDs and UW Groups
- Works with Windows, Mac OS, iOS and other operating systems and devices that support SSTP or PPTP
UW faculty; UW staff; UW researchers; UW clinicians; UW academic units; UW administrative units; UW Medical Center; Harborview Medical Center; requires a valid UW budget number
- The VPN Service is sold in 'chunks' of up to 40 users at $39.90/chunk/month, with a 1-chunk minimum.
- Charges for each 'chunk' will appear on your Technology Services & Equipment bill as a 'Nebula Managed Desktop', equal to the number of storage 'chunks' requested.
- The UW Group that has been granted VPN access will be monitored twice a year and you will be notified of billing adjustments if your usage significantly exceeds the budgeted amount.
UW-IT responds to problem reports in one to four hours; response can be escalated if there is a critical problem. Our goal is always to minimize user downtime by responding as quickly as possible.
Front Desk: UW Tower C-3000 (4333 Brooklyn Ave. NE)
Business Hours: http://uw.edu/itconnect/gethelp.html