Rural Obesity Prevention Toolkit
Who is it for
Web site includes many links to separate modules outlined to the left
Developed by the Rural Assistance Center, part of the
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Rural Initiative
The toolkit is designed to help practitioners evaluate opportunities for developing an obesity prevention program and provide resources and best practices developed by successful obesity prevention programs.
- Module 1: Understanding Obesity
Learn about rural obesity in the United States, so you can develop practical solutions to address it.
- Module 2: Creating an Obesity Prevention Program: Where to Begin
First steps in creating a rural obesity prevention program.
- Module 3: Targeting Audiences
Choosing the audience for your rural obesity prevention program.
- Module 4: Evidence-Based Interventions
Evidence-based practices for addressing rural obesity.
- Module 5: Developing Interventions
Using appropriate evidence-based interventions to meet your community's rural obesity prevention needs.
- Module 6: Addressing Obesity
Rural obesity prevention strategies for health care providers, schools and communities.
- Module 7: Evaluating Efforts
Evaluating rural obesity programs to help communities assess program effectiveness and build the evidence base for what works in rural communities.
- Module 8: Prevention Clearinghouse
Examples of rural obesity programs that have been implemented in clinical, school, and community settings.
See these recent resources.