The Washington Institute offers a variety of training opportunities for both consumers and mental health providers.
Note: As of October 1st, 2012, WIMHRT emphasizes evidence-based practice trainings. Please check the WIMHRT home page for most recent updates. Click here to go to WIMHRT Home page.
To access online trainings and resources (including Marty Smith Safety Training Online) , click here to go the Resources webpage.
To find out more about Consultation and Technical Assistance, click here.
WIMHRT also offers contracts with agencies to offer a Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) Training:
WIMHRT provides training, technical assistance and program evaluation for PACT (Program of Assertive Community Treatment) teams in Washington State, following national evidenced-based practice standards, utilizing the TMACT (Tool for Measurement of Assertive Community Treatment). Please contact Maria Monroe-DeVita at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
In the past, we have also offered the specialized trainings listed below. Please check our homepage for current offerings, effective 3/15/13.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training
- Co-Occurring Disorders Training Academy -- Adult (Adult COD Training)
- Children's Mental Health Specialist Training ( Fall 2009)
- Native American Mental Health Specialist Training ( Fall 2010)
- Developmental Disability Mental Health Training (Spring 2011 & Spring 2012)
- Geriatric (Older Adult) Mental Health Specialist Training (Spring & Fall 2012)
- Designated Mental Health Professional (DMHP) Training
Management Academy for Older Adults with Co-occurring Mental Health
& Substance Abuse Disorder (Older Adult COD Training)
- Technical Assistance for Consumer-Run Organizations
- Co-Occurring Disorders Training Academy--Youth (Youth COD Training)
- "Marty Smith" Safety Training for Mental Health Providers (2008-2012)