The University of Washington Women’s Center Partners with the American Association of University Women!
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) empowers women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Our nonpartisan, nonprofit organization has more than 150,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and 700 college and university partners. Since AAUW’s founding in 1881, our members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW Partner Program:
Mission: AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
Value Promise: By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
Membership: AAUW has more than 150,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and 700 college and university partners.
Benefits of Partner Membership:
Free E-Student Affiliate (ESAF) membership for all undergraduate students attending C/U partner member schools
• Students can sign up on our website
• Free access to AAUW information, research, advocacy, and newsletters sent electronically.
• Can view who is a E-Student Affiliate in Member Services Database (MSD).
• Students receive access to over $1 million in local scholarships given by branches and states
Priority access to Leadership Programs; most colleges/universities are finding the greatest value in membership by participating in these opportunities:
• Elect Her, workshops to train women to run for student government
• $tart $mart, workshops to learn how to negotiate salary & benefits effectively for college women who are approaching the job market. Collaboration between AAUW and the WAGE Project.
• National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL), a transformative annual leadership conference
• Campus Action Project Grants, funding to work with a team and develop a program that is based on AAUW’s latest research report
• Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) Campus Outreach Grants, funding to implement a gender-equity focused program or event
• Student Advisory Council, a group that leads campus events to promote women’s equity, plans & implements NCCWSL activities & more!
For more information, visit the AAUW website.