UW Women's Center
What is the history of the Women’s Center?
The Women’s Center is housed in historic Cunningham Hall, the first building built for women in Washington in 1909.
Since its inception 100 years ago, the Women’s Center has served the community in a multitude of way–including acting as meeting place for the suffragists who fought for women’s right to vote in our State.
These meetings culminated in Washington being the fifth state to award women the right to vote in 1910.
The Women’s Center at Cunningham Hall continues to serve the women and girls on campus and in the community.
Who’s Imogen Cunningham?