UW Women's Center
Making Connections is a college-readiness program serving 105 Seattle high school students in the 2013-2014 academic year. The primary mission of Making Connections is to increase college enrollment and career interests in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields. One hundred percent of our students are low-income, and most are the first in their family to attend college.
How we support our students:
- Individual academic advising from the Making Connections team
- Being paired with a mentor who supports and encourages students in their high school career and beyond
- SAT/ACT preparation classes
- Participation in conferences and college tours
- Assistance with searching for, editing, and submitting scholarships
- After-school tutoring for all subjects
- Education on the college admissions process for students and parents
- Help with writing and editing college application essays and personal statements
- Direct assistance in understanding and completing the financial aid process
Please see the following links for more information on the services Making Connections offers:
- MC Monthly Calendar of Due Dates, Meetings and Deadlines
- Scholarship Applications
How can YOU become involved with Making Connections?