What is the Alene Moris National Education for Women’s Leadership Institute?
The Alene Moris National Education for Women’s Leadership Institute is an intensive six-day program open to undergraduate and graduate women attending two-year or four-year institutions in the region or to those with residence in Washington State.
- Cultivate leadership skills
- Teach women about the realities of politics and policy making
- Learn how to be an effective part of the political process
- Connect participants with women leaders who make a difference in civic life and the public sphere
- Help students explore the demands and rewards of leadership in a diverse society
- Empower students to practice leadership through action
During the Institute students will:
- Meet with interesting and active women who are leaders in their communities, in non-profit organizations, in the local and state government, and businesses
- Receive skills training on public speaking, fundraising, negotiation & conflict resolution, diversity and networking
- Develop valuable social networks with peers and mentors
Graduates of the Institute will receive information and assistance to help them continue to grow as leaders through involvement with the Alene Moris National Education for Women’s Leadership Alumnae.
“NEW Leadership helped me focus and gave me a desire to aim a little higher. I gained practical skills like how to put together a speech in 3 parts, being able to articulate important bits about myself , and crafting a resume. It was a lot of little pieces that came together” -Kaylee Abbott, class of 2011
The 2014 Alene Moris National Education for Women’s Leadership Institute will be held in June at the University of Washington- Seattle campus. Please contact us at email@example.com or call 206-685-1090 with questions regarding the program and stay tuned for more information.