UW Women's Center
Women returning to school later in life have to re-adjust to the academic environment, and often need special assistance in dealing with complex family and financial issues.
Re-entry Program provides individualized advising sessions, gathering essential information to assist reentry students in making informed decisions regarding academic and career choices. It also develops a plan of action that is attainable, and educates students in obtaining financial aid and scholarship opportunities, while providing ongoing support through mentoring, coaching and student organized support groups.
Re-entry Vision Statement
Create a safer, more harmonious community by assisting women in acquiring the education, skills and resources necessary to build self sufficient prosperous lives.
Each year the Women’s Center supports an average of 550 women who take advantage of the following services:
Individual Advising Appointments
One-on-one advising appointments with Nancy Finelli (Call 206-685-1090)
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an appointment.
We provide guidance in searching for scholarships, applying to colleges and graduate programs; finding resources on a variety of issues, including domestic violence, child care resources, divorce support, resources for low-income individuals, and academic support resources.
The Re-Entry Program offers an annual fall orientation for returning students to facilitate the transition into the University of Washington. The orientation is open to all and offers speakers from the following sectors on campus:
- Financial Aid/Scholarships
- Center for Career Services
- Library Systems
- Childcare Services
- Office of Minority Affairs
- Campus Safety
Past Orientation Agenda: 2014 Re-orientation Agenda
For ticket information for the 2015 Re-Entry Orientation, Click Here.
The Women’s Center’s Re-Entry Program for returning students provides assistance to dozens of women each year seeking assistance as they re-enter the academic environment. The Center offers one-on-one advising appointments to connect individuals with the resources they need to accomplish their educational goals.
The Re-Entry Program offers the following services:
* Re-Entry Orientation each fall to familiarize returning students with the University of Washington Campus and the many resources it has to offer.
* One-on-One Advising appointments with Nancy Finelli. Appointments generally last one hour and are free of charge. For more information or to schedule an appointment call 206-685-1090 or email at email@example.com
* Support Groups: Cirkolo for current students and Women’s Support Group for future students: Both groups are designed to encourage networking and relationship building during the re-entry process.
* Assistance with: scholarship & financial aid applications, college and graduate admission applications; and connecting individuals to resources that include counseling, child care, divorce support, financial aid, and continuing education.–>