Powell, Wyoming WRITE Site
Powell Valley Healthcare
777 Ave H
Powell, WY 82435
Powell, located in northwestern Wyoming, offers the best of Wyoming and the Northern Rockies. Powell was one of ten cities designated as All-America City in 1994, a distinction which recognizes the spirit, cooperation, and dedication which are so much a part of the town and its people. As a community in the Big Horn Basin, Powell is surrounded by four mountain ranges and enjoys an excellent climate, great recreational opportunities, and the benefits of the rural lifestyle. Additional information is available at www.cityofpowell.com
Primary WRITE Preceptors:
Michael Bohlman, M.D., Family Practice/Obstetrics
- Board certified in Family Practice; Oklahoma College of Medicine. Residency at St. Joseph Family Practice in Wichita, Kansas.
- Special Training/Experience includes: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, Neonatal Advanced Life Support.
Dr. Bohlman enjoys family activities, golf, skiing, hiking, camping and fishing.
Valerie Lengfelder, M.D., Family Practice
- Undergraduate Training: University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
- Medical School: University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Residency: Group Health Family Medicine, Seattle, WA. Member of the Wyoming Medical Society.
- Certification: Board Certified - American Academy of Family Physicians; Certified in ACLS, NRP & BLS
- Academic appointments: University of Wyoming College of Health Sciences Adjunct Clinical Faculty and University of Washington; School of Medicine Clinical Assistant Professor.
- Special Training/Experience: Chief of Staff.
- Certification/Skills - minor surgical procedures, joint steroid injections/aspirations, IUD placement, cosmetic Botox and Juvederm.
- Special Areas of Medical Interest: Pediatrics, adolescent medicine, women's health and general practice.
Dr. Langfelder enjoy biking, hiking, fishing, gardening and baking.
Sarah Durney, M.D., Family Practice
- Medical school: University of Washington School of Medicine.
- Residency: Rapid City Regional Hospital, Rapid City, South Dakota.
- Undergraduate school: University of Wyoming.
- Certifications: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
In her free time Dr. Durney enjoys kayaking, fishing, hunting, horseback riding, hiking, camping, church activities and mission work.
Site Contacts: Michael Gilmore and Sina Coguill
Emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Wurzel, M.D. Family Practice • Bob Chandler, M.D. Family Practice • Paul LaVeau, M.D. Cardiology • Nathaniel Rieb, M.D. General Surgery • Michael Tracy, M.D. Internal Medicine-Pediatrics • William Jarvis, M.D. Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine • Jeffery Zuckerman, M.D. Radiology • James Lloyd, M.D. OB/GYN • Jenkins Clarkson, M.D./Ph.D. OB/GYN
Clinic: With two clinic settings, the breadth and depth of the student experience are greatly enhanced. Extending the student’s rotation into the hospital’s Radiology Department broadens the student’s exposure to the continuum-of-care. Each clinic enjoys well appointed reception areas and a full staffing complement to support services in the clinic setting. Procedure rooms are utilized for minor procedures not requiring conscious sedation. Ancillary services for most providers are supported by Powell Valley Hospital. PVHC is the local VA Clinic provider.
Hospital:Powell Valley Healthcare, Inc. offers an integrated delivery system in this rural setting. Powell Valley Hospital is a 25-bed acute care setting. All services and facilities are provided in an extended campus setting, which allows for maximal access to care for patients and providers. Powell Valley Hospital averages 18 deliveries per month, our average number of surgeries is about 48 cases per month both inpatient and outpatient, average daily census of 12 patients acute care and swing bed, 900 admissions per year,We have 31 active staff and allied health professionals credentialed in all categories. The hospital's web site is www.pvhc.org
Nursing Home: Powell Valley Health Care offers Powell Valley Care Center, a 100-bed nursing home, and The Heartland - an assisted living facility.
Housing: small two-bedroom house, queen size bed in the master bedroom; full size bed in the second bedroom. In addition to the living room there is a small area with a built in desk for a nice work area. The house is set up for cable tv and internet. Includes washer and dryer. Parking behind the house. The house is completely furnished, including bedding, towels, and kitchen items. Student is responsible for personal items, food, and paper products. Located about 1.5 miles to clinic/hospital.
To see a map of where we are located and/or get directions from other locations, go to maps.google.com (for directions, click "Get Directions" in the upper left-hand corner where you can input the starting address).
From Billings: South I-90 at Exit 450; follow US 310 (US212S) to US 310; Turn onto SR 114 and follow to US 14A. Continue to Division Street and turn right. On Division turn left on Avenue H to Mountain View Street.
From Cody: Follow US 14 to US 14A. Continue to Division Street and turn left. On Division turn left on Avenue H to Mountain View Street
Cody, Wyoming or Billings, Montana: Most major carriers.
Fishing, hunting, river rafting, scenic drives, snowmobiling, windsurfing, biking, golf, horseback riding, camping, boating, cross-country and downhill skiing, canoeing, kayaking. Area attractions including Homesteader Museum, Heart Mountain Relocation Center, Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Buffalo Bill Reservoir, Yellowtail Reservoir, Devil’s Lookout, Wild Mustang herds, Medicine Wheel Monument.
Summer avg. 75° Winter avg. 35°, 322 days of sunshine.