Teams of students modify battery-powered toys to make them accessible to kids of diverse abilities, ensuring that every child has the right to play.
HuskyADAPT is designing a more accessible future.
At HuskyADAPT we aim to foster an inclusive, sustainable, and multidisciplinary community at the University of Washington to support the development of accessible design and play technology. Our unique community aims to initiate conversations regarding accessibility and ignite change through engineering design. It is our hope that we can help train the next generation of inclusively minded engineers, clinicians, and educators to help make the world a more equitable place. Take a look at what we have done in our first year as an organization!
Want to get involved?
Join our e-mail list:
Follow us on Facebook:
Submit a design idea:
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Thanks to those that attended our HuskyADAPT Autumn Kickoff Meeting this week! Did you miss …Read More »
- HuskyADAPT hosted a hackathon with Microsoft! This event combined design with toy adaptation, as teams …Read More »
- In the Mechanical Engineering Building (MEB)? Check out our display on the 2nd floor!Read More »
- We had a great time adapting toys with the UW Math Academy! Thanks for joining …Read More »
- We held a successful event in July with community members at the Snoqualmie Library! Thanks …Read More »