Do you want to teach others to adapt toys at our workshops?
Become certified as a lead toy adapter!
We are launching our new lead toy adapter certification program this year in an effort to train more people how to adapt toys. We hope that you consider getting certified! Please see the full details below:
What do I need to do to become certified?
You will need to attend the following three events:
- Lead Toy Adapter Safety Orientation: 30-minute virtual workshop to go over the basics of toy adaptation and proper safety protocols. Orientations are held 1-2 times per quarter.
- Regular Toy Adaptation Event: demonstrate proficiency in leading others through the toy adaptation process at a regular toy adaptation workshop. Please indicate on the sign-up form that you are interested in this event counting towards your certification. Events are held 1-2 times per month.
- Fix-It Toy Adaptation Event: demonstrate proficiency in fixing a broken toy at a fix-it event. Please indicate on the sign-up form that you are interested in this event counting towards your certification. Fix-it events are held 1-2 times per quarter.
Please note: the lead toy adapter safety orientation needs to be completed before you can lead others at a regular toy adaptation event. You can attend the fix-it event at any time.
Who can get certified?
Anyone within the HuskyADAPT community can get certified to be a lead toy adapter. However, if you are brand new to toy adaptation, we recommend that you attend atleast 2 regular toy adaptation workshops before you go through the certification process.
Why should I get certified?
- Only those that are certified will be eligible to help lead future toy adaptation workshops. We have put this policy in place to ensure that new adapters have the best experience possible at our workshops and stay safe during workshops!
- Having certified lead toy adapters really helps ensure the sustainability of our workshops and makes it possible to continue hosting workshops with community partners.
- We recognize certification as a leadership position within our organization – aka you can add it to your resume!
- We may have exclusive lead toy adapter swag in the works…
I’m sold! What is the next step?
If you are interested in certification, all you need to do is sign up for the events listed above and indicate that you are using them as part of your certification. Once you have completed the full certification, one of our toy adaptation chair will be in contact with you.