Rainworks seeks Artist and Social Media Coordinator

About The Company:

Rainworks is a small street art company based in Seattle, known for creating one-of-a-kind artworks that are invisible when dry and appear like magic each time it rains. Each piece of art is called a “rainwork”. Rainworks are eco-friendly, non-toxic, and last 2-4 months. We create rainworks and sell the materials so that other people can make their own!

Learn all about us on our website: https://www.rain.works

See our current videos on TikTok: www.tiktok.com/@proudtoberainy

Our mission is to give people a reason to look forward to rainy days!

To see our full story, go to www.rain.works/story

About Me, Your Future Boss:

Hi, I’m Peregrine Church! I’m the one writing this writing this job description, the owner of the company, and the one who’ll be training you on everything you need to know to make amazing Rainworks.

I started Rainworks in 2015 when I was 22 years old, and have been running it ever since! Outside of work, I love making art and videos for fun, dancing, and brainstorming wholesome shenanigans. I value honest communication, social justice, creativity, enthusiasm, and reliability.

What I’m Looking For:

I’m looking for someone enthusiastic, artistic, motivated, who is excited by the idea of designing and making rainworks, loves creating goofy/fun videos, and enjoys responding to excited customers.

Ideally, you’ve got the skills and creativity to make cool stencil designs, a good eye for what makes a compelling video, and solid interpersonal communication. You love Rainworks and our mission of making people smile. You’ve developed your organizational and time-management capabilities. You’re detail-oriented while also knowing when something is good enough (we can dial this in together). You like a balance of working independently and interacting with people. Most of all, you want to brainstorm and create great art and videos!

Your Responsibilities:

• Make Cool Rainworks: Brainstorm and create rainworks to make people smile around Seattle!
  • Document Your Work: Take photos and make engaging videos of yourself creating rainworks, showcasing the process and inspiring others to try it.
  • Design and Show Off New Products: Make up new stencil designs that you think will sell well on our store, and create videos about them.
  • Manage Social Media: Post videos and content on our social media platforms, interact with our followers, reach out to potential affiliates, and grow our online facebook group.
  • Customer and Affiliate Engagement: Handle customer and affiliate inquiries and questions via email and chat, providing excellent customer service and fostering a positive community around our brand.

Qualifications:

• Good artistic and design skills
  • Some experience using graphic design software
  • Knowledgable of what does well on various social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
  • Vibe with some of our current videos: @proudtoberainy on TikTok
  • Experience filming and editing videos (on phone is fine!)
  • Confident speaking/being on camera
  • Strong communication skills with commenters and customers
  • Ability to work independently and trust your gut
  • Ability to work alongside others and provide/receive feedback well
  • Have a car, or some reliable method for transporting yourself and materials around Seattle

Schedule:

• 8 hours/day Monday-Thursday OR flexible scheduling
  • 32 hours/week total
  • We will do some work together, much of the creating will also be on your own!

Location: Seattle, WA

• Creative studio located in Fremont
  • Product warehouse located in SoDo
  • Most days you’ll be out and about installing rainworks and filming videos!
  • You will need a car, or some reliable method for transporting yourself and materials around Seattle
  • Some work can be handled from home, like editing/posting videos and responding to customer inquiries

What You Get:

Because the videos you post will likely make more people buy our product, I want you to be rewarded for that! So, in addition to an hourly rate, I want to try out giving a percentage of the online sales we make each month. (Example: if we make a typical $3500 in net sales in a month, you’ll get a bonus $105 at the end of that month in addition to your normal paychecks.) I’m hoping this fosters a sense of ownership and empowerment for this position.

• $21/hour + 3% of net sales on store
  • Compensation plan re-evaluated after 6 months
  • Cost of gas reimbursed
  • We occasionally do commission projects worth hundreds or thousands of dollars, and you will get a cut if you help install those!

Additional Perks:

• A work environment where your creativity and ideas are welcomed
  • Showcasing your art and growing your skills
  • Learning how to run an art & e-commerce business
  • Being part of a wholesome company amid a capitalist hellscape

Unfortunately I can’t offer insurance benefits at this time, so this job would be ideal with someone who currently gets health insurance through other means.

How to Apply:

If you are excited about this job and believe you are a great match for this job, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/qU7BYcmzuuKfP6Mr6

Next Steps:

If I am interested in your application, I will contact you within 10 days to arrange an interview!

I’m looking forward to meeting you. Join me in making rainy days brighter with Rainworks!