Assistant professor in ShanghaiTech University, School of Physical Science and Technology. With broad international cooperation, Yang uses high time resolution operando characterization to insight reaction kinetics and mechanisms under industrial pressure and temperature conditions. The probing tools including FT-IR, GC-MS. The reactions so far studied include syngas to methanol synthesis and reverse water gas shift on copper, methanol activity on oxides during DME synthesis.
- Mechanistic Studies of Methanol Synthesis over Cu from CO/CO2/H2/H2O Mixtures: the Source of C in Methanol and the Role of Water, Y. Yang, C.A. Mims, D.H. Mei, C.H.F. Peden and C.T. Campbell, J. Catalysis 298, 10-17 (2013).
- A highly reactive and sinter-resistant catalytic system based on Pt nanoparticles embedded on the inner surfaces of CeO2 hollow fibers, K. Yoon, Y. Yang, P. Lu, K. Stamm Masias, P. T. Fanson, C. T. Campbell and Y. Xia, Angewante Chemie 51, 9543-9546 (2012).
- The (non) formation of methanol by direct hydrogenation of formate on copper catalysts, Y. Yang, C.A. Mims, R.S. Disselkamp, J-H. Kwak, C.H.F. Peden and C.T. Campbell, J. Physical Chemistry C 114, 17205–11 (2010).
- A sinter-resistant catalytic system based on Pt nanoparticles supported on TiO2 nanofibers and covered by porous silica, Y. Dai, B. Lim, Y. Yang, C. M. Cobley, W. Li, E. C. Cho, B. Grayson, P. T. Fanson, C. T. Campbell, Y. Sun and Y. Xia, Angewante Chemie 49, 8165-8 (2010).
- Simultaneous MS-IR studies of surface formate reactivity under methanol synthesis conditions on Cu/SiO2, Y. Yang, C. Mims, R. Disselkamp, C. H. F. Peden and C. T. Campbell, Topics in Catalysis 52, 1440-47 (2009).
- Isotope effects in methanol synthesis and the reactivity of copper formate on a Cu/SiO2 catalyst, Y. Yang, C. Mims, R. Disselkamp, D. Mei, J.-H. Kwak, J. Szanyi, C. H. F. Peden and C. T. Campbell, Catalysis Letters 125, 201-8 (2008).
- Design and operating characteristics of a transient kinetic analysis catalysis reactor system employing in-situ transmission FTIR, Y. Yang, R.S. Disselkamp, J. Szanyi, C.H.F. Peden, C.T. Campbell, J. G. Goodwin, Jr., Review of Scientific Instruments, 77, Art. No. 094104 (2006).