Call for Nominations:
Robert W. Anderson Endowed Professorship in Medicine (HIV Research)
We are soliciting nominations for the Robert W. Anderson Endowed Professorship in Medicine (HIV Research). This award is made possible by the generous donations of Robert W. Anderson, PhD and his wife Harriett.
To provide support for HIV/AIDS research and enhance the potential for UW HIV/AIDS researchers to make important medical discoveries.
This award will be a rotating 3 year award that supports the research career of a junior or mid-career faculty member in the Department of Medicine who has demonstrated expertise in HIV/AIDS research and a commitment and the potential to perform future impactful HIV/AIDS research. It is anticipated that the award will provide ~$20K per year for 3 years.
Requirements for the Awardee:
- Primary faculty appointment in the Department of Medicine (of the UW School of Medicine)
- Current appointment as an Assistant or Associate Professor (either regular or research track)
- Educational attainment includes an MD or PhD (or equivalent) degree
- Demonstrated track record in HIV/AIDS research and commitment to a HIV/AIDS research career
- Awardees cannot simultaneously be the holder of another UW Endowed Professorship (e.g., King K. Holmes Endowed Professorship in STD and AIDS).
Nomination Packets must include the following:
- Primary Letter of nomination (by a colleague or mentor)
- Current CV (Department of Medicine format) and most recent Augmented CV of the nominee
- Personal statement by the nominee (1-2 pages) that describes their past HIV/AIDS research and its impact, their career goals, and their general plan for use of the award
- Three additional letters of support, at least one of which should be from a person external to UW.
Nomination packets should be mailed to Dr. Ann Collier at email@example.com by June 1, 2017. Packets in the format of a single PDF file in the above order of documents are preferred.
Each awardee will be asked to make at least one major public lecture for the UW scientific community during their Professorship (e.g., Medical Grand Rounds, Center for AIDS Research Monthly Seminar, or Keynote at the Annual AIDS & STD Symposium).
Please address any questions to Dr. Collier at 206 744 3293 or firstname.lastname@example.org or to the other members of the Robert W. Anderson Endowed Professorship Advisory Committee: Robert Harrington and W. Conrad Liles.