Core Faculty, Sociobehavioral & Prevention Research Core
Dr. Dombrowski works with the Northwest Health Department-CFAR Consortium to enhance regional academic-public health collaboration on measuring and improving the HIV Care Cascade. The Consortium includes leaders of six state health departments (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming) partnered with the UW CFAR.
Dr. Dombrowski's research focuses on the delivery of HIV and STD clinical services and population-based approaches to improving engagement in HIV care and antiretroviral use. She is the Medical Director of the Public Health – Seattle & King County STD Clinic and oversees the King County HIV Care and ART Promotion Program, a project to improve engagement in HIV care and antiretroviral use in King County.
- Dombrowski JC, Kerani RP, Stekler JD, Menza T, Golden MR. Antiretroviral therapy use among HIV-infected men who have sex with men attending a sexually transmitted diseases clinic. JAIDS, 2010,55:524-7.
- Dombrowski JC, Harrington RD, Fleming M, Golden MR. Treatment as Prevention: Are HIV Clinic Patients Interested in Starting Antiretroviral Therapy to Decrease HIV Transmission? AIDS Patient Care, 2010, 24:747-50.
- Dombrowski JC, Kent JB, Buskin SE, Stekler JD, Golden MR. Population-based metrics for the timing of HIV diagnosis, engagement in HIV care, and virologic suppression. AIDS, 2012; 26:77-86.
- Dombrowski JC and Golden MR. Modernizing Operations to Improve Efficiency and Refine the Role and Mission of STI Clinics. Sex Transm Dis, 2013; 40: 81-4.
- Dombrowski JC, Harrington RD, Golden MR. Evidence for the long-term durability of sexual behavior change following HIV diagnosis. Sex Transm Dis, 2013; 40: 41-5.
- Dombrowski JC, Kitahata MM, Van Rompaey SE, Crane HM, Mugavero MJ, Eron JJ, Boswell SL, Rodriguez B, Mathews WC, Martin JN, Moore RD, and Golden MR. High levels of antiretroviral use and viral suppression among persons in HIV care in the United States, 2010. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr, 2013, Epub ahead of print..
Faculty page 
jdombrow at uw.edu