Collaborative Research Area for the Consortium on Early Childhood Intervention
Coordinator: Monica Oxford, Ph.D.
Cathryn Booth-LaForce, Ph.D.
Andrew Meltzoff, Ph.D.
Susan Spieker, Ph.D.
The Consortium on Early Childhood Intervention (CECI) CRA brings together behavioral scientists with interests in developing, conducting, and evaluating systematic, comprehensive, evidence-based, experiential early interventions carried out within a developmental framework. CECI focuses on diverse populations including children at risk for developmental problems due to biological and/or environmental factors, those with established developmental delays or disabilities, and those with autism spectrum disorder. Members of this CRA address a wide range of topics emphasizing the effects of planned interventions and naturally occurring environmental influences on all aspects of children’s development, especially those affecting children’s cognitive, social-emotional, social cognitive, and language development. Special topics of interest include differential sensitivity to intervention, parent stress and its association with intervention approaches and effectiveness, new measures for behavioral phenotyping, trauma and developmental delay, peer relationships and inclusion, and leading edge biomarkers of special relevance to behavioral scientists. The integration of developmental, intervention, and implementation science during the early childhood period provides an overarching framework for this CRA.
Key Faculty Investigators
- Monica Oxford, Ph.D., Research Professor of Family and Child Nursing, Coordinator
- Catherine Booth-LaForce, Ph.D., Professor of Child, Family, and Population Health, Steering Committee Member
- Dimitri Christakis, M.D., M.P.H., Professor of Pediatrics
- Robert Cornell, Ph.D., Professor of Oral Health Sciences
- Annette Estes, Ph.D., Research Professor of Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Heather A. Feldner, P.T., Ph.D., P.C.S., Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Michael J. Guralnick, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology and Pediatrics
- Susan J. Hemingway, Ph.D., Professor of Epidemiology and Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics
- Roxanne Hudson, Ph.D., Professor of Special Education
- Tracy Jirikowic, Ph.D., Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Sara Kover, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Patricia Kuhl, Ph.D., Professor of Speech & Hearing Sciences
- Andrew Meltzoff, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Steering Committee Member
- Ilene Schwartz, Ph.D., Professor of Special Education
- Susan Spieker, Ph.D., Professor of Family and Child Nursing, Steering Committee Member
- Mark Stein, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Sara Jane Webb, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science