Chemistry Purchasing and Accounting Office - Reimbursements

Although the Department prefers that all purchases go through the P and A office, we understand that that isn’t always possible


Can I be reimbursed?
The Department will reimburse you if the expense qualifies for reimbursement and you receive approval from your PI or supervisor.  Very few budgets can be used for  the purchase of food and alcohol.  Reimbursements for food, and alcohol must be for Department sponsored events and are subject to the Departments hosting policy.  Please review our Department Hosting policy.

We cannot reimburse you for the following:

  • Personal services or honorariums.
  • Services rendered by University employees
  • Gasoline (except for rental cars via a Travel reimbursement)
  • Furniture
  • UW and UW Medical Center Parking
  • Goods or services from other University departments
  • Gift Cards
  • Personal choice, convenience, or decorative items (e.g., pens, clocks,   picture frames, flowers, drapes, desk sets, briefcases, watches) unless the budget to be charged is a discretionary fund (budget number 64-XXXX).


Reimbursement request form(pdf)
This form replaces the PETTY CASH VOUCHER and CHECK REQUEST forms.  Turn in your signed form to the PandA office (Bagley 109P)


Give us your receipts.
We need to have original itemized receipts.  It’s very important that you provide an itemized receipt.  Please ask for one when making a purchase.
For online orders please make sure that you give us the receipt page, not the order or invoice page.  It should describe the item(s) purchased, your name and the method of payment.


I don’t have a receipt/My receipt is illegible.
Include a Perjury form (pdf) with your request.


How do I get my money?

Your reimbursement will be automatically deposited to the bank account used for the direct deposit of your paycheck.



Site Map | Contact Us