An interdisciplinary team at the University of Chicago, Duke University, and the University of Waterloo has just launched a new “transmedia game” or “alternate reality game” about the culture of finance and the recent economic crisis. The game, called Speculation, is being directed by Katherine Hayles (Duke), Patrick Jagoda (UChicago), and Patrick LeMieux (Duke). Transmedia games are an emergent art form and storytelling practice that taps into contemporary convergence culture. The most recent trailer can be found at vimeo.com/39947942. That trailer leads to the main game site at speculat1on.net/. Players can also follow updates on Facebook by friending Nex Noitaluceps.
- Chris on FYI: Video Game Statistics by the Entertainment Software Association
- Alex on FYI: Video Game Statistics by the Entertainment Software Association
- Calenchamien on FYI: Video Game Statistics by the Entertainment Software Association
- Jeff on Mass Effect 3 and the Inertia of Lore
- Jassine Chow on So Long and Thanks for All the History: Keywords Follow-Up
Search the CGP Website