Protect Your Data
The recent radiation leak at the Harborview Research and Training building affected more than just the health and safety of the people who worked there – it put their data at risk.
Some researchers could not access their data because they could not enter the building to collect their laptops and had no way to access them remotely. Some lost data because they were not protected by a back-up system.
Luckily, the DOM IT group is here to help. We offer a FREE Data Protection Program (DPP) that backs up and protects your data, and allows you to access it from anywhere.
- Ransomware and virus protection
- Data backup twice daily
- Remote access from anywhere
- Enhanced security and encryption
- All devices used for work purposes (including phones, laptops, tablets, flash drives) must be encrypted and password protected.
- Encryption is not the same as password protection and you need both.
- Do not assume your device is encrypted. Bring it to one of the IT Kiosks to make sure.
Sign me up!
Do I have to?
Protecting and encrypting your data is mandatory to comply with UW Medicine and Department of Medicine policies.
For more information, please visit the DOM IT website Data Protection Program
Detailed Features and Benefits
- Firewall protection:
- Blocks data traffic from untrusted sources.
- Gateway malware and virus protection.
- User data backup protection on an offsite server that is backed up daily:
- This allows for access to user data even if the users device is broken, lost or stolen and ensures worker can carry out their assignments even if the building is shut down i.e. recent R&T building issue, natural and manmade disasters, inclement weather, etc.
- Multiple snapshots captured daily (kept for two days).
- Secure remote desktop access to user’s device(s) to allow for compute-in-place compliance:
- Allow user to remotely login to their workstation and work on their tasks without taking sensitive and/or UW business data off site.
- GPO policy control to ensure the devices are in UW/SOM IT policy compliance:
- Ensure password protection and disk encryption is enabled at all times.
- Block malicious scripts from running on the machine.
- Prevent unsigned software from running.
- Ensure Remote Desktop availability and security.
- SCCM automated security patching, policy compliance, and asset audit tracking:
- This also allows us to shut down infected devices remotely to prevent damage to other shared data stores they have access too.
- This also allows us to vouch for a user’s device being password protected and encrypted. in the event of a theft or loss of the device and the ensuing investigation into a possible data breach issue.
- This also provides a level of security as we can control the configuration of the user’s device to ensure it stays in compliance.
- Manage and monitor windows defender on supported devices to detect and prevent malicious virus and malware attaches.
- Asset operating system reporting, and device replacement planning reports
- Other features and benefits:
- BYOD setup to comply with UW/SOM policies.
- Personal identity protection.